Buildings and infrastructure systems
- Focus of buildings and infrastructure systems on the best possible use of resources and space.
- Simulation and optimum operation of infrastructure.
- Planning and use of space created below ground.
- Managing natural hazards and technical risks.
Natural and economic resources
- Strengthening understanding of natural systems with regard to sustainable use, development strategies derived from this.
- Innovative Verwendung natürlicher Baustoffe.
- Energy efficiency in buildings and infrastructure systems.
- Evaluation procedures for ecosystem services.
Monitoring and modelling
- Development of procedures for the acquisition, modelling and processing of spatial and social data.
- Modelling and monitoring for the real-time control of systems and structures.
- Reinforcement of numerical engineering research.